Saturday, August 6, 2011

Astrid Kirchherr: A Retrospective (Book Review)

Astrid Kirchherr: A Retrospective (Victoria Gallery and Museum)Astrid Kirchherr: A Retrospective by Matthew H. Clough

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really liked how this book was layed out. Not only does it have chapters on Astrid, it also has essays written by others, and interviews by her close friends (x-lovers). I've always wanted to know more about her, and this satisfied my desires. I am glad that it revealed what happened to Astrid and her photography over time, and I was intrigued about the lives of Klaus Voorman and Kemp Gibson, which I wasn't expecting. There's a lot of images in the book that I have never seen before, and they don't all focus on the Beatles. I really find Astrid's life, ambitions, and work inspiring. She really was a leader in fashion, images, and creating an atmosphere in black and white photography.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment