Sunday, October 2, 2011

Rainy Sunday

Fall is here.  Today is cold and wet, the leaves are red and yellow.  I've spent most of the weekend being a total loaf.  I've been reading Valiant by Holy Black, a dark young adult fae book.  Black's story telling is starting to appeal to me.  She mixes modern realism with fantasy, and as someone from Goodreads wrote, 'leaves you feeling dirty,' meaning, she writes about subjects that make us feel uncomfortable.  Teens shooting up faery drugs, living in underground tunnels, having sex, and hanging out with faery's from the seeley court.  I'm hoping to finish the book tonight, and then I've been contemplating re-reading all the Harry Potter books.

I started going in to a Harry Potter frenzy this weekend, after purchasing some kitschy buttons off etsy.  That lead me to purchasing a second butterbeer necklace, to doing an online sorting test, to wanting to knit a Ravenclaw scarf (especially since it's freezing out, and I'm currently wearing three layers of shirts), to looking at Pottermore.


 







I am excited for Pottermore, and I just loved this girls video on the house sorting!  It made me smile and giggly-I wish I were there doing it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment