Monday, January 30, 2012

Meet Margie!

Ann_Margaret aka Margie is my new foster cat.  I decided not too long ago that I wanted to help out with cat fostering, after seeing so many homeless and at risk cats at my local shelter.  The animal control in our city sometimes can only keep cats for 3 days, and then they euthanize them depending on how many are homeless that week.  Margie is lucky, because she never made it to the shelter.  But, she was living outside since the summer, camping out in someone's backyard.  They were feeding her and made her a little shelter, but were worried about her survival and called Forever Homes Cat Rescue.  This happened in the nick of time, because we started to get a ton of snow finally this weekend.  I picked little Margie up at another foster's house on saturday afternoon. 

She's a very petite little girl, with a funny raspy meow.  She's around 2 apparently, spayed, and needled.  Margie loves climbing and exploring the house.  She's been pretty good with the dogs, but has been a bit of a growler towards my cats.  I don't know if it's because she just doesn't like cats, or if it's an adjustment thing.  My cats have been pretty good.  Some minor hisses, and the dogs are doing better know.  They were very excited when she first arrived, and sometimes don't give her enough space (especially Willow).  I find her adorable though, and am trying to convince myself that I cannot adopt her myself!

Link!  http://www.foreverhomecatrescue.com/

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a cute kitty! Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog with the great Uke music suggestions! I feel so inspired! I will definitely consult your expertise in my venture into learning the ukulele. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete