Monday, March 12, 2012

92 Days of Yoga Challenge


During the weeks coming up to my 3 months of unemployment people kept asking me what I was going to do with my time off.  Like I HAD to do something productive (mostly they wanted to see if I was going to look for another job).  I decided I wanted to spend my time doing things that were good for me.  So, I came up with my 92 Days of Yoga Challenge.  I know a lot of studios offer a 30 days yoga challenge, but I really didn't want to be tied down to attending a class every day.  I like doing yoga by myself.  So... what does this mean?  The challenge does not have many rules, except that I have to make it to my mat once a day!  I once went to a workshop with David Swenson, who said even if you make it to your mat once a day and breath, you are doing yoga.  So, this is what I have been doing.  There have been some days that I have done full vinyasa practices, and other days that I have done a yin practice, restorative, or even aerial yoga.  I must say I do feel wonderful for doing it!  Although, my arms are killing me from Saturday's Aerial Yoga!!  I don't know if I can muster a downward dog today.  Anyway, I'm hoping within the next few months I will change up things.  Perhaps I will work on some goals, like do a week of primary sequence, or work on my headstands or pincha mayurasana.  I feel so grateful that I am able to do this.  On another note, a year ago V and I went to Jamaica for a yoga retreat.  We go up every morning before 7 am, to do a full primary Mysore style practice outside.  You can check out my photos HERE.

1 comment:

  1. this is great.
    as a bike commuter [who takes jan & feb off!], i am excited to do 30 days of biking starting april 1st!

    ReplyDelete