Saturday, March 3, 2012

Downton Abbey

Funny, less than two weeks ago I had read an article in the local paper about people obsessing over this show.  Apparently people, (women) were having afternoon tea parties, cucumber sandwiches, devonshire cream and scones as they excitedly watched this show.  Not too long after I had a customer call wanting to place an order for The Real Life of Downton Abbey to which I wrote down 'The Real Life of Dalton Abbey.'  Maybe I had Dalton McGuinty on my mind?  Who knows.  And yes, it is often mistaken for 'Downtown Abbey.'  Anyway, I had then found out two people at work were watching it and loved it, so I figured I should give it a shot.  Drum roll....  I managed to spread season 1 out for 2 days.  I guess it's not that bad?  8 hours of t.v in two days??  I am unemployed remember, so I am trying to embrace some partial gluttony while I am off.  I couldn't stop watching the show!  I love all the characters.  The antagonists are so manipulative and bad, Mary is so flawed, Sybil is raw and energetic, Mr Bates mysterious... All around, the characters are all interesting and multidimensional, and of course the costumes and scenery are awesome.  I drool over all their dresses, and love, love, love the decor inside the estate.

So-here you go.  A little Downton Abbey eye candy.

 Downton Abbey Inspired

Keep Calm and Save Mr Bates
Lady Mary





Are you a fan?

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of those sandwiches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that "free Mr. Bates" pin! And oh how I love Cybil's pants-dress! January is much too far away!!

    www.erinsplayinghooky.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete