Thursday, March 1, 2012

"It's 7:02 am in the morning..."

"It's 7.:02 in the a.m.  You'r listening to W-I-Don't-Have-To-Go-To-Work-Today brought to you by Kobolowski Tires. For the best in tires, see Chanice Kobolowski."

Uncle Buck movie clip

 If you haven't seen Uncle Buck yet, it's a must.  It's an 80's John Hughes classic.  I'm sharing one of my favourite scenes.  The clip illustrates his ecstatic reaction to evading being pinned down to a 9-5 job.  When I was younger, my dad and I used to always quote this when we managed to get a day off school or work.  However, there is another reason I am sharing this with you...


I don't have to go to work for three months!!

If you would like the back story on why I went from a 40 hour week to zero, visit my post  Alternative to Layoff, otherwise I will give you the short version.  The job that I had been doing for the past 8 years was made redundant, and I was given the option of leaving the workplace, taking a new full-time position, or accepting the new 9 month seasonal position.  At the time I desperately wanted to leave.  I felt like I was in Eat, Pray, Love, or one of those books where people do big moves to improve their lives.  However, being the practical person I am, thought it out and decided that I really should pay off my student loans before I do something drastic.  So, I opted for the best of both worlds, which includes 3 months off a year.

It's 10:30 am right now.  If I were at work I would be checking the clock every few minutes, impatiently waiting for my break and dreaming of being elsewhere.  Right now I am sitting in my pj's on the couch, with the sunlight coming through my front window, surrounded by 3 sleeping cats each perched on their own chair.  I feel out of sorts.  I still can't fathom not going to work until June! 

No comments:

Post a Comment