Friday, March 2, 2012

What's Up Friday!

So today is my second day of unemployment.  I must say, I feel pretty good.  I spent my first day doing some yoga, walking the dogs, grocery shopping, and then I taught a yoga class for a local community program in the city.  The program is free for anyone in the community, and has been running for about a year now.  I've helped sub for a few classes before, but V and I have officially taken it over.  I'm hoping that with teaching the weekly yoga class, my teaching will improve and I will feel more at ease with instructing and communicating to a group.  Plus, it feels really great to offer a free service for people in the community.

I have a few things planned for the weekend.  Tomorrow I've signed up for a new yoga class-'Aerial Yoga.'  Although I usually stick to the Ashtanga Primary sequence and Yin classes, I thought it would be fun to try something new.  Plus, I love being in the air and upside down!  A few years ago I spent two years doing an adult Circus Fit class, that involved silks, lyra, trapeze, acro and other circusy things.  It was taught by two retired Cirque de Soleil performers.  I loved attending, but then I ended up with a second degree ankle sprain after rolling my ankle while skipping! (of all things).  Anyway, two years later (2 x-rays, mri and a summer of physio) my ankle is pretty much back to normal.  I'm hoping that I love the suspension yoga, and maybe I will convince V to install one in our house. :)

Aside from that, I have BIG house reno plans.  I want to start on the downstairs bathroom next week.  That will involve repairing the peeling ceiling, painting the walls white and turquoise, and installing a wooden shelf.  So, I've been searching for some paint deals. 

(I am currently listening to the soundtrack to Eagle Vs. Shark from New Zealand-and I love it!)



Source: shape.com via Melissa on Pinterest



What are your plans?

2 comments:

  1. That turquoise bathroom is divine! Good luck with all your plans. (I found you through Curious Pug)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete