Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Alternative to Starbucks

So, I'm sure I am in the same boat as many of you out there.  I love my Starbucks Chair Lattes, but I don't love the price.  I try to limit myself to purchasing one Starbucks drink a week.  Lately, I was also buying the Tazo Chai latte mix at the grocery store and making my own at home... until their supply was cleaned out (probably by me).  So I started to think the other day... how else can I satisfy my craving?

I don't think I have ever mentioned on here that I have an obscene tea collection!  I probably have about 6 different types of Chai alone in my cupboard.  So, I'll show you what I came up with.

1.  Soy milk, loose leaf chai, agave syrup.

(you can choose your own milk substitute and Chai tea)

2.  Pot, mug, tea ball.


3.  First I pour my soy milk in my mug to get desired amount, and I added a touch of water to it.  Then I pour it in the pot.  I keep the temperature at  medium because I don't want to boil the milk.

4.  Once it's pretty hot, I add my chai tea and let it simmer for about 5 minutes (I taste test while it's in the pot).  After a few minutes I add my sweetener, the agave syrup.

5.  When it's ready, I pour it into my cup while it's sitting in the sink and I add some cinnamon to the top!.


6.  Mmmm enjoy!!

I have to say, I am very please with the results.  Using actual tea, rather than the Tazo gives a milder flavour, it's not as sweet,  and tastes more legit.  It also doesn't leave a funny film in your mouth like the Tazo.  I recommend you trying this method!  It'll save money-and it tastes good.

2 comments:

  1. definitely going to give this a try! we have tazo in the fridge, but it's almost gone!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, that seems very very yummie to me! I will definitely try it at home! :-) Thanx for sharing, best wishes from the Netherlands xMM

    ReplyDelete