Sunday, August 11, 2013

Supermom Tag

1.  How many kids do you have and what age(s)?

One girl currently 5 months old.

2.  Do you feel like you have it all 'together' everyday?  (cleaning, laundry etc...)

I feel like I stay on top of the basics, because if I don't than it'll be more to catch up on.  There is always 'more' to do, but you can't worry about it.

3.  When do you make time to have a shower? Day? Night?

During the work week I shower at night before bed, and on the weekends I shower in the mornings because V is able to watch Story.  I pretty much have a shower every day (it's my saving grace), although I tend to wash my hair every 2nd day.

4.  Do you wear makeup every day?

For the first while after Story was born I didn't wear any makeup and I was fine with it!  But then I got back into my old habits.  I don't wear a lot, just an organic foundation and blush.  It literally takes less than 3 minutes to apply.

5.  Do you style your hair every day or pony it?

I wish I could pony it-but my hair is short!  Luckily I am able to brush it into some manageable state and wash it every two days.  I do miss (sometimes) the days when it was nicely highlighted and hair sprayed into place.

6.  When do you find time to do hair/makeup??

I put myself into a fast and clean (as possible) look after breakfast every morning when Story is doing some tummy time.

7.  Do you workout?  When?

Again-another I wish!  My current workout consists of daily walks in the stroller around town.  After dinner we go for another walk with Story in the Boba carrier and with the dogs.  Other than that, I try to do some gentle stretches and twists, and I am still doing physio for my pelvic floor, wrist and shoulder (2 different physiotherapists).  I have physio homework which involves specific kegal exercises, breathing exercises, and stretches for my wrist and shoulder.  I am looking forward to the day when I can do a yoga class or home practice.  My pelvic floor is stable enough to handle a vinyasa, however my wrist and shoulder need to heal. 

8.  What is your household cleaning routine?

I don't have a routine-whenever I feel like the room needs a vacuuming, spraying, wipe down... I go ahead and do it.  Cloth diapers are a high priority and are usually in some state of washing, hanging or needing to be stuffed.

9.  How often do you have alone or me time?  And how do you relax?

Very rarely do I have any alone time.  Usually I relax while Story is napping.  I'll indulge in a little treat, like a homemade soy latte and read while she's snoozing next to me.  Once a week or so I'll get a chance to watch a t.v show like True Blood while V is looking after Story.

10.  Do you ever get overwhelmed with the responsibilities of being a mom?

I don't know if overwhelmed is the correct word.  Sure, in the first two months I definitely felt overwhelmed because we were still struggling with breastfeeding and lack of sleep.  Now I feel like I'm in a groove because there's some routine or pattern to every day.  Mostly I miss some self indulgence, like watching t.v shows, doing lots of exercise, or having my hair cut more often...  but really, I don't spend a lot of time mourning those things.


No comments:

Post a Comment